Friday, October 8, 2010

Tiny Tots

I have recently been helping out with a daycare for the very first time and let me tell you, I don't know how the provider does it on a daily basis 24hrs a day. Some days I am with the children for an hour and a half and other days I am with them an hour and a half in the morning and two hours in the afternoon. It is amazing to watch them play with each other but what is really cool is the fact that they will be fighting one minute over a toy and the very next second they are the best of friends again and will have forgotten what just happened not even two minutes ago.

I had taken the kids outside in the backyard to play because it would have been a crime to have missed out on this beautiful weather. Anyway, one of the little boys was swinging the play lawnmower around and I looked at him and said "Honey, we don't do that with the lawnmower. It's made to be on the ground not to swing." What he said next was so funny that I was shocked. He looked at me and said "Yes we do do that." I was just in shock for a few seconds. He soon put the lawnmower down and went to play with his buddies.

My son and I were outside earlier today, along with the daycare providers son, and we they were watching the planes go across the sky. With pure excitment my son, who has just turned two years old, said to me "Mommy pane pane!" I told him that I saw the plane and without hesitation he responeded "Get it get it!" I couldn't help but laugh as I was telling him that I couldn't reach it. He seemed so disappointed because he even said "Pease mommy, get it." He eventually realized that I was not able to get the plane after trying to reach it himself for about three minutes.

We adults need to take a lesson from these tiny tots and learn to love more instead of being angry with each other because we don't like how someone is dressed or because of the color of someone's skin. God made each and everyone of us unique individuals and that is why we are all very different. If we were all exactly the same, then this world would be a very boring place to live in. I know there are parents out there that feel the same way I do when I say how I wish I could just bottle up my son's innocence so that he can always remain that way. Unfortunately, that is not possible as much as I wish it were. All I can say is that I hope my son will stay the way he is even as he grows into a man. He is sensitive and caring. He is so affectionate, especially if another child is crying or hurt. He has to go up to them and give them a hug and tries so hard to make them better.

This blog is dedicated to all of the tiny tots in the world, because they are so pure of heart and they speak what is on their minds at all times. They are hardly afraid especially if they see that a sibling or their friends are doing something, they will do their best to do it too. Have you loved on your tiny tot today? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment